My due date for this pregnancy is within hours reach, so I’m eagerly waiting for my little angel to arrive. At this point the house could not possibly be any cleaner (I have a bad case of nesting going on), the bags are packed, and the cupboards are stuffed with dippers, wipes, and creams that any would tackle any kind of baby rash. That said, my home projects and blogging have been on the back burner lately 😉
However, I do have a little nugget to share: a project I did a while back when we were living in our little desert casa in Arizona. If you have any old picture frames lying around that could use a little TLC, this is an easy project. All it takes is a couple boxes of spray paint, maybe some old jewelry, gold leaf paper, a little corner of beautiful textile, and viola!
1. I started by cleaning the frames before I sprayed them with a sea green paint. Then I applied gold leaves. The gold leaves stick easily to the painted surface
2. After the paint dried I applied a vintage border by decoupage, and some gems to its surface.
3. Lastly, I used a thick fabric (textile) as a backdrop in the frame instead of inserting pictures.
The pictures aren’t that fab because I used my iPhone. (If you want a clearer picture let me know and I’ll send one to you.)
As usual, I was shopping for groceries after work and took my obligatory “exited-expecting-mom-stroll” down the baby isle. While I was looking at binkies for the millionth time, I reached the same disappointing conclusion as always: that I needed to go to a expensive boutique to get the ones with a little personality (that does not include Disney or Dora the Explora)!
I found myself staring at a couple of neutral pacifiers which promised that 1.) they had the perfect nub for a little one to suck on (only in natural and good materials of course) and, 2.) with a breathable plastic rim, which is much better for sensitive skin. Very impressive I must say, but the only drawback was that those binkies’ designs were making me yawn on the inside. sigh.
Then the thought hit me. It would only take a couple crystals, some half-pearls, strong glue, and some stunning ribbons to outshine the contenders. Easy.
1. It’s helpful to create your design before you start gluing on your gems. Use a strong glue that will make it impossible for a child to loosen the crystals.
2. Apply your crystals with a pair of tweezers.
To view more images of binky bling visit the Gallery
Hope it inspires,